- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality dark chocolate pieces
- Crushed peanut or hazelnuts, optional
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, condensed milk and brown sugar. Heat in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Then heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Give the caramel fudge a good stir, then add in the white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in sea salt. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Leave the caramel fudge at room temperature for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Scoop out tablespoons of the caramel fudge and roll into a ball using your hands. Dip each ball into the melted dark chocolate. Use a fork to scoop out the ball and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat with remaining caramel fudge truffles. Top each truffle with crushed nuts (if using). Store truffles in the fridge.