1.5 lbs (680 g) canned pear halves, drained
1¼ cups almond meal
¼ cup gluten free oat flour, sifted
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) loose-bottomed pan, and line the bottom of the pan with a circle of parchment paper.
- Open can of pears, drain and pat dry them well with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add almond meal, oat flour and baking powder in a bowl. Mix and set aside
- Add egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, maple syrup, oil and salt in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Combine the flour mixture with the syrup mixture and mix until a sticky dough is formed. Spread onto the prepared pan. Arrange pears on top and bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar (optional).
- Serve immediately with coconut whipped cream