The idea behind this cupcake is that it is quick and simple to do, but artistic with wow-factor.
1 1/2 Cups White Flour
1 1/2 Cups Caster Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Espresso
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Free Range Eggs
24 Mini Peanut Butter Cups
A Pinch of Salt
Please see conversion table here
1. Prepare 24 paper baking cups beforehand. Arrange them in a baking
2. Preheat the oven to 375o.
3. Using an electric beater, beat together the butter and the sugar until
light and fluffy. Keep blending and add in the eggs one by one.
4. In a small bowl, combine together the espresso and milk.
5. Pour the later mixture into the former and blend until uniform.
6. In a large bowl, combine together all the dry ingredients apart from
the peanut butter cups.
7. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix well.
8. Pour the mixture into the cups until about 1/3rd of the way up. Place
the peanut butter cups on top of the mixture (one peanut butter cup
9. Pour the remaining mixture on top.
10. Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
11. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
“Cooking is at once child’s play and
adult joy. And cooking done with care
is an act of love.” ~ Craig Claiborne
Recipe No.2 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcake
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 Cups Full Cream Milk
1/4 Cup Butter
2 Cups Icing Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Melt the butter in a microwave or over a double boiler.
2. Slowly whisk in the cocoa powder.
3. Using an electric beater, beat together the butter, cocoa powder and milk
frothy and creamy.
4. Slowly add in the sugar. Use a sifter to keep a slow and steady hand.
5. When the frosting is thick and stable enough, stop beating.
6. Spread on top of the cupcake and enjoy!