An ultra tender cake with slightly crisp edges and a perfectly white chocolate lemon-y molten lava gooey center, this Lemon Lava Cake is surprisingly easy and so decadent!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 and ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and butter the cavities of a 6 cavity jumbo muffin tin.*
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate and butter together. It should only take 60 seconds in the microwave.
- Once melted, whisk in sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla, lemon, and lemon zest until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Using a spatula, gently stir in flour and salt. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes (mine were perfect at 15).
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife along the sides of the cakes.
- Place a baking sheet on top of the muffin pan and flip them. The cakes should pop out.
- Top with more powdered sugar, whipped cream, fruit, ice cream, etc and serve immediately!
Recipe credit to show me the yummy post