18 Oreo cookies (12 whole for the bottom of the cupcakes and 6 chopped for the filling)
1 pound (16 oz.) cream cheese-softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line standard cupcake pan with paper liners. Place a whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cup. Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs whites one at a time and mix until combined but use medium speed and do not over mix it.
- Fold in coarsely chopped Oreo cookies.
- With a spoon divide the filling in 12 cups and smooth the tops. The cups will be full almost to the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (until the centers look almost set and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few wet crumbs attached).
- To make chocolate ganache place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour warm heavy cream over chocolate. Let it sit 2-3 minutes, then stir until smooth and the chocolate has melted completely. Set aside to cool.
- With a spoon spread the ganache over the cooled cupcakes and let them cool completely at room temperature before store them in the fridge.