- 14 ounces dark chocolate (65-70%)
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup coconut cream (thick part on a can of coconut milk)
- 4 oz dark chocolate
See Conversion Table Here
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Grab a small sauce pan and fill with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and then place a glass bowl on top as a double boiler. Heat the stove to medium heat and begin warming the bowl.
- Add the palm shortening and the chocolate to the bowl and let the mixture melt and stir frequently.
- Once it has melted take the glass bowl off the heat and mix in the coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk to a small bowl and whisk until just combined and then add it to the brownie mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the almond flour and salt and mix. Stir in the chopped pecans and then pour in to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until you can put in a toothpick and it comes out fairly clean.
- Let the brownies cool a few minutes and then lift out the parchment lined brownies and let cool on a rack.
- Scoop the coconut cream from a full-fat can of coconut milk and heat over a double boiler or in the microwave. Add the chocolate and stir periodically until melted.
- Once the brownies are cooled to room temperature pour the ganache on top. Let brownies set in the refrigerator until ganache is hardened. Cut and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.