- 2 cups (160 g) oats, gluten-free if needed
- 2 tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/4 cup (64 g) almond butter*
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas (1 cup [200 g])
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a muffin pan by lining the cavities with parchment paper liners. Set aside.
- Add the oats, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a high-speed blender, and process on high until the oats have broken down into the consistency of a fine flour, about 10 seconds.**
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and process on high until the batter becomes smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Periodically stop and scrape down the sides of your blender, if necessary.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 – 22 minutes, until the tops of your muffins begin to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. As soon as they’ve cooled, transfer them to an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.